Plant Parasitic Nematodes
Because Plant parasitic nematodes live in soil or roots, the pesticides used to kill them tend to be very toxic and are water soluble. Because of health risks and environmtal concerns there are currently no toxic nematicides that are labeled for use on establihed lawns. However, there are several products currently being tested in the market and show some promise. Marshall Pest Control will be happy to discuss these products with you and discuss the potential benefit.
Some of the best practices for managing nematode damage in home lawns include avoiding other stresses on the grass. Grass that is given proper watering and fertilization can often withstand higher levels of nematode infestation than grass suffering from drought or nutrient deficiencies. If Nematodes are suspected, we do offer to collect and send a soil sample to a laboratory for testing at an additional charge.
For more information visit: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ng039